The pharmacy manager position is responsible for the operation and management of the Pharmacy Department. In addition, the incumbent will plan, organize and implement hospital pharmacy policies and procedures in accordance with established policies of the hospital, in cooperation with other departments of the hospital, and in accordance with accepted standards of good pharmacy practice.
- Determine the objectives of the department; plan, organize and direct general pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Establish satisfactory methods of drug distribution and control.
- Establish quality specifications for all drugs and chemicals used in the hospital.
- Interview, select and supervise the activities of the department staff; communicate interpret and discuss with staff hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Determine job objectives, work methods and performance standards; review
their performance relative to departmental objectives discussion appraisal with each employee and performance; authorize and communicate salary changes, promotions, transfers, discipline and discharge and administer all other personnel actions.
- Establish reporting and approval procedures; delegate authority to assistants in order for them to direct the work of others. Provide authorization for supervision, orientation, training, job objectives, performance standards and appraisal, personal development, safety, communication, discipline, grievances and other personnel actions.
- Appropriately recognise organisational lines within the department; keep employees informed of matters affecting their work and interest; interpret and explain hospital policies and procedures, department objectives, operations, services, organisation, budget and seek comments and suggestions form employees.
- Provide for maintenance of appropriate records in order to assure that the quality, quantity and timeliness of work done can be documented. Review and appraise work of others within the department; review and evaluate departmental performance; keep Medical Director informed of the department’s progress and problems and any significant factors affecting assigned responsibilities.
- Seek compliance with outside agencies relevant to requirements for maintenance of services. Assure that professional competence of staff is maintained through education and coordination with senior staff. Plan for both short and long-range goals of the department in concert with the whole organizational plan of the hospital.
- Prepare, upon request, reports and special studies; participate in and contribute to management and professional committees at all level inside and outside of the hospital; keep informed of trends and changes insides and outside of the hospital which relate to assigned functions.
- Maintain competency in care for patients of all age groups and developmental stages, and maintain competency as specifically indicated by orientation guidelines for a particular unit.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience as a Pharmacist is required of which five (5) years should be in a supervisory role.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Bachelor in Pharmacy
- Masters in Pharmacy preferred
- Current national license is required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com