Before your hospital visit, confirm when you should arrive. Find out whether or not you’re allowed to eat or drink before your appointment. Also, make sure to arrange for someone to drive you home – even if you are having an outpatient or routine procedure.
What to Bring/Provide
Insurance and health information, including:
- Your insurance card, if applicable
- A list of the medications you are currently taking. If you are staying overnight, bring your medications in their original bottle/container.
- Your employer information in the event of any corporate claims
- Information regarding the party who will settle your bill on your behalf, if applicable.
- Your health history, including any past surgeries you have undergone, hospitalizations and allergies
- Preauthorization, referrals and/or any other information related to the reason of your presence at the hospital
Personal information, including:
- Photo Identification (ie. ID, drivers licence, NRC)
- Your contact details and address as well as emergency contact information
Personal items, including:
- Hearing aids and extra batteries, if you use any
- Slippers and a robe (optional)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and hairbrush
- Reading material for your personal entertainment such as books and magazines.
What Not to Bring
- Any valuables, such as purses or handbags, wallets, money, credit cards, jewelry, and watches.
- Food (Medland Hospital cannot store food for patients and their families)